UH-OH! Not a good thing to say burrhead.
We left our spouses and got together. Simply enough. Right way to go about things? No - wouldn't recommend it. But was there a long drawn out affair to hide? Not at all. Nothing to hide. For the record, it's going on 3 years now, and you're still obsessed with it.
And when his "wife got upset" going online and posting she didn't like the way the threads were going we weren't even together - hadn't even met or anything. Fred knows that, so he can't back you up.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
UH-OH! Not a good thing to say burrhead.
He has this really weird timeline drawn up in his head about how ID and I got together, and it couldn't be more wrong.
Better Question is WHY does he have that? why is he obsessing on it
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Letting folks know about training isn't bragging. It has gotten several on here to make a career out of it. Of course with your self-esteem issues, you would interpret it as such. BTW-sorry that you aren't getting any. Since you are so damn forcused on my love life, that says alot. As for as what others were saying behind my back? That ain't no thing. Say it face to face. If I have something to say, i'll say it that way.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Sure she got upset, but Bobby had nothing to do with a cover-up. Like elp said, you have no idea what the situation(s) were. All you have is what you want to think. How upset did your wife get with you? I guarentee that you put her through just as much as hell as I did the ex (BTW-she put me through hell for years). Again, take a look at your yard before you throw trash in somebody else's.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
(Post edited because people behaved like adults...woohoo)
I'll make the comment about 'police' because I've known enough say that truthfully, a lot of them aren't that much better than the ones they arrest. If you wanna go a step further, most of your attorneys would be in the same boat. And I can say that I've talked to quite a few CO's and Police who would say the exact same thing, that there is quite a few who are just as dirty as the ones they guard or arrest. Now that doesn't mean most of them are ready to go postal and shoot people, but they have their ways of slipping by. And I can't say that I blame them to be honest with some of the crap they have to put up with. And truthfully, we've sat on here and talked about how the inmates have their own set of standards, and how child molestors and people who abuse elderly people are treated badly even by the other inmates. How do they all end up getting 'dealt with' with all the guarding and constant security? Simple put, a few turn their back and allow it. Maybe you don't do that Indian_dad and thats fine, but I've talked to enough who have in the past to know that it happens. Again, I can't fault them, because I would do the same.
I think here a few weeks back you were talking about the COs you worry about, the ones who the inmates end up being more friendly with.
I understand why police end up being 'dirty' more so. With the way the legal system is, they have to end up taking things into their own hands a lot of the time. They try to do things proper and loopholes give the bad guys changes, or get out of jail free cards. If I did things right 50 times and kept getting screwed over, I'm sure I'd be finding ways to make sure that the person was dealt with myself.
Its the nature of the job. You've said yourself on how tough it is, and how dealing with the lowlife scum you have to put up with makes it tough to think good, etc. Maybe you're lucky enough to not cross over, but with the stress and all, to say that a good % don't is silly.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
My father worked corrections at two super-max prisons, neither of them ROSP or WRSP, a head injury in a riot at Keen Mountain when it first opened made sure he was unable to work before those got opened. My neighbors when I lived in central VA were all corrections officers at the same super-max facility as my father and were good people. To make such a broad, general statement involving so many good people is disturbing to me. Corrections and law-enforcement are two of the most difficult professions I can think of. Maybe his cell block was a soap opera, but that does not apply to all. These people are walking a razor's edge every day to make sure certain aspects of society to do destroy what is good. How about instead of using one officer's indiscretion to judge all, how about trying to support those who do good and walk that thin line between reality and the despair they have to put up with everyday when they, for all intents and purposes, become prisoners in their own jobs. They are locked up behind those gates just as the inmates are for most of their days. And, Heaven forbid (and I hope those of you who work at ROSP or WRSP have not faced this), a riot should break out or somebody attempt an escape. How would you like to be the one waiting at home to find out if your loved one is coming home or not? And it absolutely bothers me to no end to know that because one has fallen off the edge, people want to bring everybody else down, too. We all know the bad ones will stick out like sore thumbs. But also know that for every bad, this is more good that nobody praises.
Thank You. It made my day to see that at least one of the public has a little understanding, and does not see us all as savage monsters. We are indeed humans (that do a job most cannot). We don't get paid enough for what we do, and you only hear about us when things go wrong, but day after day, night after night, we keep the public safe. Why folks choose to rip us for that is beyond be, but you get numb to it. You really do. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart. I needed the lift. Now this savage monster is going to take his soulmate out to dinner. I'll catch you all later.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
No problem. When I read that guy's post, I about lost my mind (and no, I'm not a corrections officer). I personally know some of the bad officers, but I know a lot more who are on the right side of that dividing line. My father has told me stories, and I have to say, I could NOT do what you guys do.
If you had thoroughly read my post, I didn't say all were bad. My uncle was a Major, now a U.S. Marshal and I've got a cousin who is a Major, so I apologize you misread.
Bookmarks